Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Default Mortise and Tenon Machine?

Woodworkers Supply in Casper, Wyoming sells a cheaper version of the
multi-router. It has more plastic in it and is more intended for the wood
hobbyist than is the industrial grade multi-router that JDS makes (the one
that's on http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com). If I remember correctly it
was around $600 plus accessories and templates. When I saw it demonstrated
at a wood show a couple of years ago it seemed to do a good job, although I
noticed that there really isn't any tolerance adjustment for fitting tenons
to mortices, except for the masking tape that the guy had wrapped around the
follower pin when he was making the tenon so it would fit tighter in the
mortice.

--
Charley

"mpserf44" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a mid to high end mortise and tenon machine, not a
template, not a jig, but an x,y, or x,y,z single or multirouter machine

with multi-lever action. I think Jet used to have one, but I can't find

it on their site. The only other one I found was at
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/, but it's $2700 and I was looking

for something in the $1000 range. Can anyone suggest either a brand,
supplier, or other info?
Thanks.