Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Default A Little OT : How to install Crown where the wall and ceiling meet at a 45??

Ok - Im finally getting around to finish my bonus room. Did all the window
caseings and the base molding. I want to put crown between the wall and the
ceiling. The problem Im having is that the wall meets the ceiling at 45
degrees.

There are 6 foot knee walls that then go up to hit the ceiling.

Think of what home plate looks like (but with the top cut off) thats what
the room looks like.

Im thinking of just ripping a peice of 2x4 at a 45 - install it on the
ceiling to give the crown a flat piece where I can mount it.

Im open to suggestions.....

Thanks
-Rob

You can reply to me at