Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Stachoni

Default Possible interest in short, free NL

On 23 Dec 2005 17:18:49 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Windows is _so_dumb_, that it looks at the file 'type' (based on extension)
to figure out whether or not to automatically 'execute' the file, and then
*ignores* the extension, and looks at the actual content to determine *how*
to execute it.

Yes it does. That can get really frustrating if you have two .'s in the
filename.

Nonsense; Windows parses the filename from the end backwards to
determine the extension. I can easily have a file called
this.is.a.picture.of.my.nephew.jpg and Windows knows how to launch the
file viewer.

If you're gonna bash Windows for some file system issue, at least
double check your facts.

Matt