Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Default material and source for router table top?

If money were no object, I'd go with the bench dog cast iron top and
router lift plate. It's made to be a table saw wing (which is how I
have it installed), but you can also get an end-cap for it to make a
dedicated router table top. It's not cheap.

I've heard also that harbor freight has a similar cast iron router
table top for something like $60. IIRC, it won't take a standard size
router table insert plate. It has only a hole for the router bit to
pass through. You have to attach the router directly to the table.
That may not be a big deal though if you have a plunge router with a
router raiser attachment.

brian