Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd

Default Wall to wall computer desk (2 stations) - ideas?

Lobster wrote:
Mike Dodd wrote:

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:27:33 +0000, Mike Dodd
wrote:

| Me and the missus have each a computer desk in what is
affectionately | refered to as the toy room (no!, not what you was
thinking, but we're | both avid computer gamers).
| | What I'd like to do is get rid of the two very different computer
desks, | and the various cheap pine shelves that we have and replace
with a | fitted wall to wall computer desk.

Kitchen worktop?

Not wide enough, in 95% of the cases (want an available depth of 80cm
in places), and too straight (want some "character" about it).

There's the type intended for breakfast bars; ie post-formed on both
edges - I'm sure that's more than 80cm wide.

Can't help with the 'character' issue; but can't help thinking that
kitchen worktop is the obvious solution...!

David

Yes, the 5% left (from the 95% of cases) was the breakfast bar stuff, I
did know about it. Just can't help but think that it'll look too much
like a breakfast bar and not enough like a computer desk.

There's some reasonable patterns, too, and the surface will be hard
wearing, but I think I'll have to see how the land lays, so to speak,
with the missus before going any further with that idea.

Thanks

(hmmm, maybe the character can come from the ancillary bits - monitor
shelves and the like)