Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

Default material and source for router table top?

"jd" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I'm getting ready to make a new router table. I've been shopping around
looking at wha the commercial units have for features, and one thing I
really like is the "phenolic" tops. I'm not sure what that *is*, but I'm
assuming its some sort of plastic type resin. so here's the questions:

what do you folks think of the phenolic tops? especially if you have

one....

and

where can I get phenolic sheets (I'm fiburing probably 3/4 to 1" thick,

and
probably about 24x36 or so....)

thanks

--JD

If you have never worked with phenolic be thankfull and don't. The stuff is
nasty, yellow dust everywhere, bad smell and taste even with dust mask even
long after the cutting is done, and the dust is very abrasive on bearings.
Joe