Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

Default Bosch Tumble Drier keeps tripping heater cut out

The drop down list is just the models that part fits, it is the correct
part for your model.

Yes - I sussed that just after I posted - d'oh..

The outlet stat would not cause the TOC to trip if faulty, it just knocks
the heater off at about 60oC when the clothes are dry (to save energy),

So - unlikely to be that then...

the heater stat controls the inlet temperature.

So would that cause the cut out to trip if it were duff?

Only other thing I notice is the red ends on the heater element, this can
cause the TOC to trip if the appliance is in a confined space because they
where rated for the wrong voltage and get too hot, replacements have blue
ends so you can tell the difference.

Now that's fascinating... My wife has always said that she
felt that this machine got too hot. I told her not to be silly
Well there is no worksurface over the top of the machine
but there is a wall to the left and and a washing machine
to the right. I was considering putting a worksurface over
the top - perhaps I'll shelve that idea. No pun intended :-)

Perhaps I should put a new element in while I'm at it!
http://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/td-element-02.php

I have been trying to contact Spares R Us but I think they
must have gone on their Christmas Hols - can't say as I
blame them!!

Many thanks for your help and have a good Christmas!!

Roy