Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Restoring oak.

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
For thr intricate Nitromors and a dremel drill or similiar, using the
brass conical bit, this is so fine and soft it won't gouge the wood,
put drill on slowest speed.
Providing you have a dremel that is?

Oh and if you haven't a dremel a "brass suede shoe brush" is your best bet.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The *only* way to make a good job of panelling is is to have it dipped,
preferably by the non-caustic method. Dip 'n Strip used to have
franchises dotted about.
Scratching about in situ will do your head in, and give you the classic
d-i-y 90% stripped look like all those staircases you've seen where
people say, "Took us a year but we're *so* pleased with it". And you
think, "Yeah, I can see how it used to be 'cos you've left paint in all
the grooves".
Caustic can work quite well on oak as long as you don't heat it (a lot
of commercial outfits use heated tanks). Bleach it with peroxide to undo
the greying effect.