Eric R Snow

Default Call me crazy (using hydraulic oil as a flood coolant)

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:35:26 GMT, Roy Hauer
wrote:

Water soluable can get to be a real pain if its used in the deep south
with the humidity and temps. It almost goes rancid overnight. All
kinds of things grow in it here in Alabama. I too had problems if it
got rancid, as to itching if it got on me. As long as it was fresh I
did not have problems. Thats the biggest reason for my switching to
petro based fluids.

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 16:25:17 -0400, Mike Graham
wrote:

x-In article , William G Darby wrote:
x-
x- It may seem funny but I do very little one or two of's as I am always
x- striving for production work and I already have rancid soluble all over
x- every tool and thing in my shop. Such that I have to wash after touching
x- "ANYTHING' in the shop. Otherwise I wind up applying "the ointment" (Lamisil
x- C Cortate 1% AA)
x-
x- I can't imagine why you have such trouble. I've been using the same
x-bucket of mixed soluble oil in my shed for *years*, and I have no problems.
x-Doesn't smell bad, doesn't cause any skin problems... nothing. I damned
x-near *bathe* in the stuff at work, though it's not nearly as old at work.

I've found that some oils go rancid much faster than others. The stuff
I use now, blasocut, has never gone rancid. It has no bacteriocides
either. In fact, it is non-toxic. Tastes like **** though... And it
doesn't change the way your coffee looks if you already have cream in
it.
ERS