Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Ken Korona

Default Shower stall caulking

I had a similar problem. Mildew in the caulk joints of a sower stall. I
first used Phenoseal - recommended to me by a plumber friend. Mildewed very
quickly. I ripped it out and replaced with Silicone. Also mildewed
quickly. Ripped it out and replaced with DAP. It also mildewed quickly.

Each time I tried cleaning with straight bleach. Would not get it clean.
Then I tried a Lysol brand Tub/Tile cleaner. The differenc is that after
showering in the morning, I would spray the Lysol on the joints and let it
sit all day, till the next morning's shower. I had to do this for 2 or 3
days, and the mildew was gone. It comes back, after a couple of months, so
it is a normal maintenance, but now that I know what to do, it's not a big
deal.

"WALTER D. CONNER" wrote in message
Use 100% clear silicone.

I have had trouble with mildew forming on Silicone Caulk so I quit using
it and use Acrylic instead which also mildews but is much easier to clean
out to redo. (??)

Walt Conner