Posted to alt.home.repair
Motocrossed

Default Dishwasher foolishness?

We are the 3rd owners in this 8 year old development house. I have
never liked the standard builder issued dishwasher, it is very loud,
you have to excessively rinse dishes before putting in machine and the
racks are all chipped (rubberized coating peeling off). I really had
no intention of replacing unitl I came across a $580 Consumer reports
top rated Kenmore for $245. Has all the features, adjustable rack,
water shoots from back so more space on bottom rack and has built in
food grinder disposer and is rated very quiet. I bought it and my wife
freaked out, said ours still working and I am wasting money. I tried
to explain that because it is energy star complient it will pay for
itself in less then two years with the energy savings and if I waited
for it to break down, I would end up paying top dollar to replace it.
I said I was being pro-active, she says I am foolish, am I?