Cass

Default Welding tank refills

YOU MEAN DEMMURAGE!

Now, Lichtman, if you are smart, you will say something like: "Yes, you are
right. I misspelled the word". If you are as dumb as you have presented
yourself, you will say something like: "No, I mean 'demurage".

Uh-oh, you think you see a 'shot' from that? Wrong, kid, as anyone would
know, you simply misspelled "demmurage" and only petty folks would make an
issue from it. On the other hand, 'dice' was not misspelled and it was used
in proper context.

See how this works? You take a swing when you had no reason to and you get
a bigger swing back.

Is this pettiness in action? YOU BET. I could simply leave it alone and so
doing, ensure that you would jump on the next guy when you wanted to look
superior. Maybe this is not a price for you to pay but you will think about
it -unless you are a true knuckle-dragger.

Cass

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"David A. Webb" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:13:30 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

If I were to buy some tanks outright, from a store or a private party,

would probably have to wait to have them sent out for refill, and I

would
pay for retest every five years. If a tank failed retest, I would be

out
the entire value of the tank.

IMO, leasing is the only way to go.

Do you have monthly or yearly fees?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
When I first started welding, I bought the gas, and was allowed one

month's
free demurage with each refill. After that, it was something like 8 cents

day. I used enough gas that I never ran over a month, until I got sick,

and
the tanks sat there for a couple of months. That was when I decided to go
for the lease.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Or maintenance fees? What did your lease cost, compared to buying a tank
outright?
^^^^^^^^^^^^
No fees at all, ever, in all the years I have been doing this. At the

place
I got my tamks, I am don't think they had tanks for outright sale. The
lease was around $100, but that was 40 years ago--I'm sure it is much

higher
now.
If/when I exchange a tank that is out of it's test date, I pay the money

have it tested
That is definitely different from my contract. I have never paid for a
retest.