Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve

Default Corn Furnaces make national news

Hmm! how well will a solar array work during a "Blackout"??

Seriously. Anytime I have experienced a prolonged loss of power, it has been
at night and/or stormy weather.

I thing the best source of back up power for any heating system, requiring
power, is a generator. Batteries and invertors can only last a very limited
period of time with a pellet stove because of the blowers and igniter. True,
a very basic stove will operate with out the igniter but you still need at
least two blowers (one combustion and the other for heat distribution or you
risk burning up your heat exchanger.)

I don't have a home generator but I do have an old (broken down) motor home
with a very good generator. Starts everytime and I just run an extension
cord directly to the frig and stove.

Steve