Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default Thank you all, good people - and Seasons Greetings.

A note to say "thank you" to all the people who contribute to this
group - I am new to metalwerking (at least, on an "attempted precision"
basis) and lurking on posts, following links, and just plain searching
has given me SO much more knowledge. The questions I have asked have
been answered, and I have learnt from them.

My main interest has been home brewing radio gear - started getting
basic metalworking tools for that - but have become increasingly
fascinated by what can be done by people on this group - taught myself
to weld, and the possibilities are just getting bigger and better.

yesterday, I bought a simple pan brake - needs to be modded to be able
to make boxes, but I now know how to do it. Still dont know what an
ACME thread is. Have a small Unimat lathe (and its NOT BIG ENOUGH) and
still dont know what half the things that came with it are for, but am
learning. Have invested in 3 different hammers (precision adjusting
tools, someone here called them) - a new steel rule, a plastic vernier
calipers. Can "sort off" sharpen lathe tool bits on my bench grinder.
Cant do drill bits yet - need to work this one out...and I need a
bigger workshop!

So thanks, folks - have a good Xmas, and a Nice New Year. May you get
the tools you want from Santa (or may you smuggle them into the
workshop without attracting too much flak from people who dont
appreciate the intrinsic beauty of such things....)

73 de VK3BFA Andrew.