Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Stormin Mormon

Default Best washing machines for reliability & DIY repairs?

I know that Kenmore furnaces are made by Heil / Tempstar. so, washers by
whirlpool sounds right.

The problem with Kenmore stuff, they require a lot of parts to be "off spec"
so that you have to use Sears parts. A Tecumseh flywheel won't work on a
Sears mower. That kind of thing.

How's Ginger doing?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I believe this is a no answer question, in as much there can be good
and bad in the best of brands. Personally I had a MayTag which ran for
29 years before having to change motor due to lightning strike. Now I
see that a lot are finding fault with MayTag. Apparently time changed
the quality of the product and I think that holds true with all.
I tend to think thay mfgs will put out a product of good quality until
it gains a good reputation, then they start cutting quality by putting
cheap parts a piece at a time until finally it becomes a piece of junk
and sales plummit . This is what I think has happened to MayTag. Today
I think Whirlpool is the leader with Kenmore close behind. But isn't
Kenmore built by Whirlpool?
Jack