Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace old gas furnace or go to oil?

I have a Weil-McLain gas furnace (which works perfectly) which I
estimate to be about 20 years old. Not surprisingly, the cost of
heating (hot water baseboard) is climbing and now runs over $3,000 per
year to heat my 3,300 sq. ft. home. I'm wondering how much I could
save (percentage) by installing a new furnace? Also, which brand or
brands would be preferred? In the alternative, would it be advisable
to switch to oil, a heat pump or some other arrangement. Suggestions
greatly appreciated.