Posted to sci.electronics.repair,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
James Sweet

Default Safely discharging a capacitor

soup wrote:
James Sweet wrote:

Why do they have to be able to reverse the drum? I've never seen a
dryer that did that, obviously they must exist but I'm not sure of
the benefits.

To stop the clothes getting tangled, also the stopping then going the
other way will help stop areas of stagnation (and hence slow drying)
occuring. Mine a "Tricity Bendix TM 220 W" certainly has this drum
reversing indeed it is sold as a feature of this model and is called
"reverse action".

Well damn, I cleaned up and tested out the Creda dryer which is the mate
for the washer I've been refurbishing and it does in fact reverse the
drum periodically. Nifty little machine, not like anything I've used
before. If the washer was a bit larger capacity and I didn't have a big
Neptune front loader already I'd definitely keep this pair but a friend
of mine has more of a need for them than I do.