Posted to uk.d-i-y
danw

Default Boilers, boilers..

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Hibbert wrote:

Personally (and I'm not a heating engineer!), I'd say your house would
suit a combi perfectly. We have a 4 bed detatched and we run happily off
a combi with no real problems at all.

The size of the house has little bearing on a combi or not - pretty well
all are large enough to heat them. It's the speed of hot water delivery
that may be a problem for baths, etc.

Thanks for all the replies.

Speed of hot water delivery is not a major problem for me. At present,
the system boiler + tanks provides a very slow delivery of hot water and
it's not really enough to fill our bath.

My assumption is that a combi would take it closer to the cold water
pressure, though I may be wrong here.

It's likely that, once we have a shower fitted, baths will be a rare
occurrence. So, waiting for one to fill wil not be a major problem.

Dan.