Posted to alt.home.repair
chicagofan

Default Best washing machines for reliability & DIY repairs?

wrote:
I believe this is a no answer question, in as much there can be good
and bad in the best of brands. Personally I had a MayTag which ran for
29 years before having to change motor due to lightning strike. Today
I think Whirlpool is the leader with Kenmore close behind. But isn't
Kenmore built by Whirlpool?
Jack

Yes... and that's why I've invested in 2 Kenmores, with no regrets. My
first one lasted 27 yrs., with 2 minor repairs. Present one, I've had for 3
yrs., no problems to date. Got my fingers crossed for continued good luck.

I guess I should add though, I don't buy their cheapest models, I buy the
mid-range priced models in hopes of better durability.
bj