Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Stauffer

Default polishing aluminum - what do the pros use?

mike wrote:
I am wanting to polish up a flat aluminum surface to as close as a mirror
finish as possible. Its a relatively small suface (sqft) I started by step
wet-sanding up to1000 grit but am not sure the best route to take now. I
have used Flitz metal polish in the past but am not sure that will give me
the nice micro-finish I am looking for. Maybe there is a step polish system
that is available? What do you use? Any recommendations or advice would be
greatly appreciated

Mike in DFW, Tx

I really like Mothers Aluminum Polish, sold in many auto parts stores.