Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

Default What's 0 on boiler pressure gauge mean?

Richard Marx wrote:

There is a 10-way box, but I'm not up to analysing it :-S

I'm hoping from the new info above, and that the new valve stays
midway even with the stat wired apparently correctly, you will be
able to give me some things to try?

I can only re-iterate what I said earlier - your wiring is stuffed. You have
a new actuator, so let's assume that that does what it says on the tin. If
that stays in the mid-position come hell or high water it must mean -
according to my understanding of the beast - that the brown/white wire is
live all the time (regardless of the room stat status) and that the grey
wire is *never* live - even when the cylinder stat is satisfied and/or HW is
turned off at the programmer.

If you are not capable of tracing all the wiring and comparing what is
connected to what in the junction box with a standard Y-Plan setup, you'll
need to find someone who is.

I'm in SW London (near Richmond,
Surrey) if anyone is up for sharing their expertise. Will make it
worth their while

Afraid I'm 100 miles away - or I'd have a look myself. Maybe there's someone
a bit nearer?
--
Cheers,
Set Square