Bruce Simpson

Default How to make tapered tubes?

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:55:36 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Oh, yeah, that's pretty small. I've seen small slip rolls, but I don't know
if they would handle 1 inch directly.

If you can get close, you usually can pull the form around to the final
shape. 22 gage is quite thin.

Yep, hoseclamps or even some clever rope-work will likely pull the
seams into line then you can weld and bash it into something
resembling a round tube.

I use the hose clamp trick all the time to hold thin stainless tubes
before I tack along the seam. Then I clamp the bits between a couple
of chill-bars and take my TIG to the seam. The results usually work
out pretty good.