Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Heat Pump confusion

"Peter V" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the replies, I am still learning a lot about these heat
pumps. One thing I am still stuck on, I know my Auxilary Heater is
operational only because If I manually raise the temperature more than
2 degrees, I can see the indicator and I feel the hotter air. However,
in normal usual operation, I never see it come on at all, no matter how
cold it is outside and how long the heat pump is on. From what I can
tell it only works off the heat pump. The serviceman told me the only
time that the auxilary heat will ever come on is if the room temp falls
2 degrees below the set point. Is this correct?

Depends on your thermostat, your heat pump, if you have an outdoor
thermostat...

Thanks again,

PeterV