Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default water dripping from soffit vent

On 21 Dec 2005 11:51:19 -0800, wrote:

We just move in to a two year old house. We live in a cold climate,
but during a recent warm spell i noticed water deipping along a line
running down the middle of the soffit vents over top of our covered
porch. What could be causing this, do I need to be worried, and if so
what can I do about it?

Humidity is invisible, but I can't help thinking you still might be
able to go to the attic and get some idea where it is coming from

If it is an ice dam, won't ash be able to see that from looking at the
roof. I've never had one but doesn't it show by melted or melting
snow on most of the roof except near the edges? Whereas normally
snow melts at the edges first and the bare roof show gradually
spreading up the roof?

thanks,

ash

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let