Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Losing Power

wrote:
I've lost power (briefly) at my new home about 5 times in the two
months I've been living there. At my previous home, I lost power that
many times in 10 years. This appears to be a utility problem, not a
problem with the home itself.

These brief losses reset the clocks on my microwave and other devices,
as well as down my computers (I will get a UPS.)

My question: is this frequency of power loss unusual?

It is not normal in most areas. However very new areas often have
growing pains so if it is a new home that could be it. Also as noted, check
with your neighbors and make sure it is not just your home. Call the power
company and see what they have to say. If it appears to be a ongoing issue
and not something they are really fixing, consider going to the regulatory
agency and ask them to take a look.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit