Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Ioannis

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

"Clive Mitchell" wrote in message

In message 1134944455.694231@athnrd02, Ioannis
writes
On first thought, a funny connundrum. On second thought, a potentially
_very dangerous_ situation, because, IF, while S1 was tripped, a REAL
train came and tripped S2, you can imagine what would've ensued.

If it's a dual rail system then there are separate switches on each
track that have overlaid control on the signals.

No Clive. I remember the setup. One fixed box approximately 1-2 kilometers
away from the bars, and the same for the opposite direction.

Of course that was 26 years ago. I expect things to have changed by today,
some.

--
Clive Mitchell

--