Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bert

Default Alkaline battery

Bert wrote:
"Bennett Price" wrote in message
. com...

And are you sure that the battery is rechargeable? Does it say so on the
battery?

I had to assume that it does.

Yes I am sure it is rechargeable, written on the battery, the type is AA,

no
capacity on it.
Manufacturer website is for sale, no help there.
I am using them in a optical wireless mouse, normal battery 1 month,

normal
alkaline holding 5 month.
How long the rechargeable will hold I do not know.
Just wanted to know what is the max charging current and should there be a
voltage limit, say 1.6 volt.
Please fill me in if you can.
Thank you both.
Bert

Hi Bert...

I have about a gazillion of them; a few years ago walmart was just about
giving them away, so I stocked up with lots. (they still have them,
but now much more expensive)

Charger is marked output 1.7 volts OR 550 ma maximum.

I pulled a aa out of one of those 6 inch or so kitchen clocks, been in
the clock for a couple of months or so. No load voltage on the battery
was 1.4 volts. Put it in the charger with meter in series, it drew 235 ma.

I have unopened packages here. Batteries made in Canada, severe warning
about using a nicd or nimh charger, so beware. No website, but a phone
number for any questions - 1-800-868-8756

That's Pure Energy Battery Corp,
Amherst, Nova Scotia.
B4H 3Z2

Don't expect anywhere near the same capacity as regular alkalines; when
the grandkids used them in their CD players they didn't last long at all
before requiring recharging.

Take care.

Ken

Thank you very much for the extra effort you did do for me.
The new battery was 1.6 volt no load when my wife did bring them, the make
on it is 'Grandcell'.
No current, no capacity, no nothing, website is for sale.
I am far enough away from you in South Africa.
The current an voltage reading is just what I wanted, try manage the
discharge voltage on 1.3 volt.
Capacity is a guess, but I can feel if they do get warm.
Will charge them on my bench supply, voltage on 1.6 and current limit on 235
ma.
This is my first time with rechargeable alkaline, will see how long will my
mouse be working.
Greetings
Bert.