Don Foreman

Default Welding tank refills

On 8 Aug 2003 05:41:31 -0700, (Don) wrote:

My grandfather generously gave me some extra large welding tanks to
replace my little tanks. I called around here and most places said
that I needed to have an origional receipt of sale before they would
fill them.

Find out where your grandfather had them filled. He'll be on record
there. They can then transfer record of ownership to wherever you'd
have them filled if they'll cooperate.

That worked for me with some tanks I inheirited from my late
father-in-law. I knew he'd used a welding supplier in St. Paul that
was not convenient for me. My wife and I visited them years after
Bernie had died, proved our identities and asked them if they'd call
Minneapolis Oxygen on our behalf. They were happy to do so. Now I'm
the registered owner at Minneapolis Oxy and have no problem getting
them filled at a place convenient for me.