Posted to alt.electronics
Andreas Rutz

Default Help with IR LED Strobe

Be sure to have a look in the Datasheet of the diodes. In sufficiently short
pulses they often accept currents exceeding 1000 mA. The perrmissible
on-time is a few microseconds.

"Frank" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
Thanks to all for the assistance, I re-designed the circuit base on all
the suggestions. It's completely changed, still using the 555 but a
mosfet, and inductor to trigger the LED's
I'll post it as soon as I make sure it works
"Frank" wrote in message
I have been trying to build an Infrared strobe. I have been able to make
the
diodes flash off and on using a 555 timer circuit. But I can not make
them
strobe....I'm missing something here ????
What do I need to do to make the IR diodes STROBE BRIGHTLY not just turn
off
and on ( I use Night vision equipment to see them). I purchased a real IR
Strobe (40 dollars) but its encased and I can't determine how
they made it strobe very brightly with just 3 diodes and a 9v battery.
I'm
sure I need to hit the diodes with either a much larger voltage than
normal
or something...
Any help would be great.

thanks