Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self

Default Possible interest in short, free NL

Greg G. wrote:
Dave Balderstone said:

In article ,
Charles Self wrote:

The one email handler I'm looking at most seriously claims the HTML
automatically switches over to plain text. Dunno if that's true, and
probably won't know for a minimum of six or seven weeks.

If you're going to use HTML as the delivery vehicle I seriously
recommend posting a web page and then emailing a link, like
augusthome.com does.

You'll cut your bandwidth requirement way down, and be able to attract
a larger audience, which means an improved ability to attract
advertisers.

I think your concept is great, but that you're considering the wrong
delivery vehicle.

HTML is for web browsers, not email proggies. Email me a link to a web
page, not 500k of HTML and images!

Or at worst, a PDF - preferably downloadable by a link in the email.

OK. That is even easier, I think. I can upload the PDF to my web site,
maybe, and then link to a para in the email NL, which could then remain
about a long paragraph. The fact is, I don't intend any one NL to be
large, something on the order of maybe two to three 8-1/2 x 11 pages,
including no more than six photos, depending on the complexity of the
tip. The tool review should be fairly fast and simple as long as I can
hold to doing an individual tool per review.