Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Good/Bad Idea

yourname wrote:
Steve B wrote:
I buy those cheap quick connects at Home Depot. They leak a lot, or
some do and some don't. What's a good source of quality quick
connects without paying an arm and a leg?

Steve

I buy from msc or mcmaster and have no problems, but understand they
have a lifespan. a few years in a busy setting, a few weeks in a wet one.

Milton and most other name-brand couplers have replaceable parts. Heavy
use will wear the steel balls into the brass body, make the holes
oblong. Then you toss 'em.
Lincoln makes a steel-body M-style coupler. If you can find those
they last a lot longer. Buy a few sets of replacement seals when you
buy them.