Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Aerial Signal Strength

David P wrote:

Did you use the menu on the Freeview box to scan for stations? You may
be on a different transmitter to the one your freind is using.

Agreed.

IME, Freeview gets a picture even when you have a crap signal so I am
suprised you dont get anything.

I totally disagree here.

At our location, we are in a bit of a dip from a good clear view of the
Winter Hill TV mast. TV reception had been getting worse for several
years, so I decided to get a new aerial installed.

Aerial rigger came and measured the signal strength and advised us that
a good quality, high gain one would give us digital signal strength.
He mentioned some trees that he had said that he had avoided the aerial
from looking through. At first, everything was fine, until autumn came
along. The trees got the leaves wet and out went digital TV.

Due to the good aerial, analogue TV was still watchable.

So, a poor signal will not give you digital TV.

Dave