Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup

Default Aerial Signal Strength

Chris wrote:
On 21 Dec 2005 09:18:42 -0800, "David P"
wrote:

Yeah it is a menu thing. Consider getting a box from Argos, play
with it, because you can always take it back.

oh no you can't, Argos have thought of this freeview boxes are
excluded

"This item is excluded from the 16 day money back guarantee. See the
Additional Information panel for full details. Please note that this
product is excluded from our 16-Day Money Back Guarantee. This does
not affect your statutory rights."

Yes Chris that is very correct, you "can't" take a box back if there
is nothing actually wrong with it. So you (TINY) have to be a bit
creative when taking the unit back say there is something wrong with it,
the person on the tills (usually) hasn't got the skills to test for
"broken" electronics and they certainly won't have any equipment so they
will take you (TINY) at your word and give you (TINY) a refund, they may
offer to swap the box but you (TINY) can just say you have no faith
anymore in that manufacturer or Argos (something at the back of my mind
tells me that you (TINY) decide if you want the item replaced or a
refund). Have a story ready (you (TINY) could get a signal with a
friends) in case they want some background .
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words