Jerry S Jerry S is offline
Junior Member

Gents,
I have no knowledge of static electric build-up causing explosions. However, please be advised that static electric in an ungrounded vacuum system can be substantial. Just last week, my son "fried" a Dewalt plunge router while using its dust collection connection in conjunction with his home vacuum system.
He was running the router while connected to his operating home vacuum sytem. The plastic hose connected to the vac and the router was draped over his shoulder. After running the setup for only 10 to 20 seconds, he felt a tremendous shock in his shoulder at which time the router stopped running. Previously, he had used the router extensively with the home vacuum in another location where the vacuum outlet was grounded.
The router was deemed not repairable by the Dewalt service center. The center personnel stated that the router had been damaged by an external electric source; the router checked out as properly insulated.

Please be careful.