Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Good/Bad Idea

The two hardest things on a motor are starting up and overheating

Most compressor motors are meant to run without overheating (there is a
term specifically for the heavy duty that the application that a
compressor motor mafes. And its called "compressor duty"

Running Longer and starting less should be easier on the motor than the
frequent starts

Steve B wrote:
Should I, or it even smart to hook a volume tank to a compressor that
already has one? I have a two horse Husky, brand new. I have the old
volume tank off the deceased Sears oil less screamer.

Is this helpful in any way, or does it just make the compressor run twice as
long filling up two tanks?

Steve