GTO69RA4

Default Need recommendation on reciprocating saw (sawzall)

I have a fairly recent PC Tiger. Good solid saw overall, but the blade slide
assy. is a weak point. Everything's worn out on mine.

I don't know about the Milwaukee (but it would be my first choice), but the
better DeWalt models have a pretty good power transmission and slide design.

GTO(John)

We sell about 10 models of reciprocating saws including Milwaukee's Sawzall,
Makita's Recipro saw, Porter-Cable's Tiger saws and Hitachi's reciprocating
saws.

Currently the best value is the Porter-Cable Tiger saw, model 9737. You get
orbital action (not to be used for metal though), quick-change blade clamp,
11.5A (IIRC) and a plastic case for $199 Cnd. Milwaukee Super Sawzalls with
all equivelent features cost about $299 but you get a quik-cord (lots of $$$
to replace a quik-cord though).

Just some thoughts for those who want bang for the buck.

See: http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2753

Regards,

Robin