Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default What would be a decent set of 'loaner-tools'?

wrote:
I will get repaid, like when I need one to walk my dog, or pick up the
papers while on vacation, etc...

You give a little, and (hopefully) get a little..

I grew up in an era when you lived in a neighborhood, not a house on a
street surrounded by anonymous neighbors...

I also lived in a neighborhood that was, er, neighborly. Still do. I
have a different take on it. If someone can't take care of your tools,
why would you believe that they'd be any better with your dog, house,
papers...? If someone isn't trustworthy with small responsibilities,
why graduate them to more important tasks? How's that go? Fool me
once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.