Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
daestrom

Default An improved solar attic

"Jeff Thies" wrote in message
ink.net...
snip

That shouldn't make a difference. As far as I can tell, every article
in this thread, including the article that started it, and everything
that Bev said and that she was responding to, has been posted in
alt.solar.thermal.

Actually no...

What I do know is that not including *any* of the thread (see your
original post in this thread) is abysmal usenet practice. Why Nick even
responded is beyond me.

If you think that's not a good thing, then it might be interesting to
take a look at the message Bev responded to. If you do, you will
notice that that message didn't quote any context either. I wonder
if that might even be related to Bev's point.

What we have here is one of those rare quirks in usenet. Each message has
an identifier that is randomly generated. This is usually unique because
of the large number of possibilities, but as luck would have it, in this
case it was not.

Reading here in alt.solar.thermal, Nicks post was the start of a new
thread, not a follow up.

Since '95, I've seen this only once before... Caused a stir then also!

I don't think it is all that hard to replicate. Nick could have just
*added* alt.solar.thermal to his reply. Change the 'subject' line, and in
some groups it looks like a reply to some previous message with the subject
line changed, but in a.s.t it looks like a new thread.

Perhaps Nick felt the subject was applicable to a.s.t ?? That's the only
group in this reply that I read, but I left the others in, in case someone
is reading it from another.

daestrom