Cass

Default Pipe bending dice

Sue,

I have teaching credentials and have taught college courses in several
disciplines. I also belch, too.
However, that doesn't prove anything whatsoever.

A good example is that you claim to have a college degree yet, feel
compelled to show your ignorance as well.
You are just flat wrong in thinking that the game of craps is the only time
the use of the word 'dice' is proper.

I always have to laugh at someone coming in, beating their chest by saying
that their great-great grandmother said this or they have a degree or their
garbage man told them that or they heard at the hair salon.........

You know the type. As if having a degree means that one is always right. I
used to hire degreed engineers and I will tell you that they don't make them
like they used to. These dweebs probably thought something like you do,
Sue.

Cass

"Sue" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:26:53 -0500, "Cass"
wrote:

Buried withing Beitz' copy and paste, is proof positive of what I have

been
saying. "Dice" is a plural form of 'die'.

I'm just a casual observer here. I have a college degree and teaching
credential. You are wrong. The dicitonary definition posted does
indeed say that dice is the plural of die - when the die is a game
cube. I doubt anyone here would argue about that. but that is *not*
what you people are talking about here. The definition states that in
the case of the stamping things the plural is dies.
Sue

Thanks, Kevin.

Cass

"Kevin Beitz" wrote in message
. com...
dice (dēs) n. 1. Games. Plural of die2. 2., pl. dice also dices. A
small cube, as of food. --dice v. diced, dicˇing, dicˇes. --intr.
Games. 1. To play or gamble with dice. --tr. 1. Games. To win or lose
(money) by gambling with dice. 2. To cut (food) into small cubes. 3.
To decorate with dicelike figures.
die2 (dē) n., pl. dies or dice (dēs). 1., pl. dies. A device used for
cutting out, forming, or stamping material, especially: a. An engraved
metal piece used for impressing a design onto a softer metal, as in
coining money. b. One of several component pieces that are fitted into
a diestock to cut threads on screws or bolts. c. A part on a machine
that punches shaped holes in, cuts, or forms sheet metal, cardboard,
or other stock. d. A metal block containing small conical holes
through which plastic, metal, or other ductile material is extruded or
drawn. 2., pl. dies. Architecture. The dado of a pedestal, especially
when cube-shaped. 3., pl. dice. Games. a. A small cube marked on each
side with from one to six dots, usually used in pairs in gambling and
in various other games. b. dice. (used with a sing. verb). A game of
chance using dice. --die tr.v. died, dieˇing, dies. To cut, form, or
stamp with or as if with a die. --idioms. load the dice. 1. To make an
outcome highly probable; predetermine a result. 2. To put another at a
distinct disadvantage, as through prior maneuver. no dice. 1. Of no
use; futile. 2. Used as a refusal to a request. the die is cast. The
decision has been made and is irrevocable.