Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A.

Default Subaru problem solved...

john wrote:

Al A. wrote:

SNIP

Not sure excatly what happened, but am blaming the temp sensor, and
crediting a test-mode-reset of the computer as the final step. That
last part is likely BS, but I am not above making stuff up to convince
my daughter that I am brilliant (even in the face of evidance to the
contrary).

Thanks again for all or your responses and ideas. This gang never
lets me down.

Much appreciated!

AL A.

Probably had a windoz operating system in the computer. It just needed
to be booted.

John

You never know. I recall reading a commentary in some tech journal
where the writer was commenting on something Bill Gates had said
concerning the integration of windows OS into appliances, vehicles, etc.
The writer made the observation that if Windows were to be used in a
vehicle like an airliner, that the term "Blue Screen of Death" would
take on a whole new meaning...

Al A.