Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tomcas

Default Corn Furnaces make national news

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
There was an article on page B1 of the 12 December 2005 issue of The
Wall Street Journal, "Demand Pops for Furnaces That Burn Corn". Basic
point is that corn costs less than ordinary fuels (which has to be a
consequence of farm subsidies, one would think). They also tell of
discouraging someone living in an apartment on the 33rd floor of a
Manhattan apartment building from getting a corn furnace, if for no
other reason that cheap corn isn't exactly common outside of the corn
belt.

Joe Gwinn

That last part about discouraging use in Manhattan high rise apartments
is humorous. I could be wrong but I think it's doubtful that anyone, in
any high rise Manhattan apartment building, has any choice, say, or care
about the source of heat for their apartment, regardless of the
availability of corn in NYC.