Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Housing market is realy bucking up!

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message

[] :

I've never seen any disadvantage in strip development along roads,

Among the key disadvantages are the high infrastructure costs and the
fact that you need a certain number of people within walking distance
to support public transport, a newsagent or whatever. Spread out the
housing and you then need to use a car. Which may well cause problems
at the place all these suburbanites drive to.

Nothing wrong with strip development at all. What do people want?
Poeple, crammed into to high rises? The NUMBY bumpkins do.

Numpty/nimby cross?

If had my way, I would build a very high density Barrett estate with
ranch style fencing, next to you.

No room next to me mate. I'm surrounded by 2 up/ 2 downs, factories, run
down shops, and pubs you wouldn't venture into.

I hope it stays that way.