Posted to alt.home.repair
phaeton

Default Screw this warped floorboard!

Hello!

Got a (water-induced) warped floorboard. The "bubble" is about 18" or
less, and it lays down ok when you step on it. I tore up the carpet in
that area (getting new carpet later this week), and I'm pretty sure
that it's just the panel (OSB) that's warped, and that it hasn't
separated 'leaves' or anything.

So, depending on who you ask, sticking a couple of screws through this
panel into the floor joist will work temporarily or permanently. I'm
not sure what the floor joist is- 2x4, 2x6, etc... i'll have to look at
it. I'm guessing I'll want to put the screws in opposing angles- str8
up and down might cause the wood to pull up.

Putting washers on drywall screws is probably not recommended either?

Should i drill some narrow pilot holes? I'm afraid that if i stick a
few drywall screws in the joist it might split or something.

TIA for any comments.