Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Bandsaw Resawing: Fence Type?

"Art Greenberg" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm just getting into resawing with a bandsaw (Delta 14" with riser). So
far,
I've used a shop-made, flat-faced fence. It seems to work OK, once its set
up
correctly. I see commercial bandsaw fences that offer a resaw attachment,
device with a curved face that attaches to a flat-faced fence. The wood
contacts this attachment only at one point. I gather that point would be
aligned with the front of the blade. I have not tried this type of resaw
fence
yet. Should I? What advantages does it offer over the flat fence?

The ability to neutralize the "lead" of the blade by changing the direction
of feed.

Don't need a fence at all really. Pivot board works great.