Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Greenberg

Default Bandsaw Resawing: Fence Type?

I'm just getting into resawing with a bandsaw (Delta 14" with riser). So far,
I've used a shop-made, flat-faced fence. It seems to work OK, once its set up
correctly. I see commercial bandsaw fences that offer a resaw attachment, a
device with a curved face that attaches to a flat-faced fence. The wood
contacts this attachment only at one point. I gather that point would be
aligned with the front of the blade. I have not tried this type of resaw fence
yet. Should I? What advantages does it offer over the flat fence?

--
Art Greenberg
artg AT eclipse (remove this) DOT net