Ned Simmons

Default standard internal taper with D1-6 ?

In article , elson@pico-
systems.com says...
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a standard internal taper used with
the D1-6 spindle mount? I have a Sheldon R-15 lathe, and haven't
been able to figure out what the internal taper is, so that I can get
a dead center.

If there is a standard, I'm not aware of it. I have heard
that Royal is pretty good about supplying centers to order
for most any lathe.

I went to look at an R-15 a few weeks ago that was up for
auction as I've been looking for something a bit bigger
than my 10EE. Unfortunately, this one was in rough shape,
with a longer bed than I can comfortably squeeze in my
shop. Sold for less than $500, I think. It was a little
lighter than what I expected, but had most of the things
I'm looking for in a replacement for the EE, so I'll be
keeping my eyes open for a good one.

Trade for a 10EE anyone?

Ned Simmons