Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

Default How much for that boiler please?

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"long eddy" wrote in message

"Rush Limballs" wrote in message
.. .

Buy one online from ebay. You'll be amazed at how much the SOB grade five
dropout tecks are trying to rip you off on the unit.

-------------------------

It looks like they Burnham's run about $2,800.00 to $3,500.00 depending on
the model - BTU's, etc.

Any idea what's the time to install one of these?

If it's five or six hours X $50 to $75 per hour or about another 400.00
for
labor - it would run $3,200.00 to $4,000.00 for material and labor.

I've got a quote at about $5,000.00.

I was quoted $3000 to replace a 100,000 BTU Burnham boiler. But the
plumber advised me that boilers don't wear out with use. Nor does the
efficiency go down. The fuel savings will never pay for itself in my
lifetime.