Posted to alt.home.repair
Gord

Default Attaching plywood to plywood for ceramic tile?

We were told this morning by the guy who is laying ceramic tile in our
porch that the 1/2" plywood I put down is not suitable and will have to
be replaced. Apparently, the problem is that the type of plywood is
something used for cabinets, and he said the tiles won't adhere
properly to the surface. At a glance, the texture of the upper surface
resembles masonite

When I bought the plywood, I specified what it would be used for and
this is what they sold me. I dutifully put down most of a 4X8 sheet
with screws every 4" and construction adhesive!

I don't want to have to tear up the plywood again, and I'm hoping I can
use very thin plywood glued or otherwise attached to the 1/2" plywood
that is there now. I can get away with a little extra height for the
tiles, but I want to use the thinnest plywood I can get.

Can anyone recommend a glue or other method to attach thin plywood (or
even veneer) to whatever the hell surface is on the plywood I already
put down?

_