Posted to rec.woodworking
Robin Lee

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
arw01 wrote:

snip

I saw the sawstop demoed at the local woodworking expo. Some wiseguy in
the audience suggested that the exibitor use his finger. He refused but
said that the inventor does indeed demo it with his finger.

Chris

Hi Chris -

I can't put my finger on it... but I'm pretty sure there's been a contact
"incident" in the installed base of saws already....and it functioned
properly.

We will take (or have taken ) delivery of our first Sawstop saw.... we will
eventually (as soon as we can get 'em) replace every table/cabinet saw we
have.... something like 13-15 saws...

From an employer's perspective - there's virtually no choice but to adopt
the most stringent safety standards as soon as practical. With an
organisation our size.... the incidence of certain types of injuries
approaches a certainty.... what's 1 in 2000 odds for the average joe is 1 in
2 odds for us....or better!

If it prevents 1 injury, it'll be worth it. We've had 1 injury already....
and it was a guy with decades of experience. It just takes a second....

Cheers -

Rob