Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Corn Furnaces make national news

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:45:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Wait" quickly quoth:

"Hitch" wrote in message
. 136...
Joseph Gwinn wrote in news:JoeGwinn-
:

There was an article on page B1 of the 12 December 2005 issue of The
Wall Street Journal, "Demand Pops for Furnaces That Burn Corn". Basic

SNIP

And how
much fossil fuel and fossil fertilizer goes into corn versus other enery-
producing crops, e.g. rapeseed or hemp? I don't know, just asking.

A bunch of my aqaintances burned a lot of hemp back in the 60's, and I have
to say it didn't produce much energy at all. Quite the opposite effect
really. It produced an abundance of lethargy.

One of my vendors has to import hemp fabric as all hemp is illegal to
grow in the USA, even the non-lethargic stuff. It triples the price
for him and he just loves that.

--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents ****-Poor Performance